1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers writer, Journal Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, May 8, 2007.

1. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Todd McMahon, formerly of the GB News-Chronicle, should throw his hat in the ring, if it's not already there. He knows his way around Lambeau and is a hell of a writer. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a sniff.

No, this is not Todd.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pickle Juice?

3. WestCoastBias

WestCoastBias New Member

Moddie, since your Pipeline seems unfettered....heard anything new on this gig?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's Moddy with a y and I'm hearing some things but nothing clear yet.

5. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Guess I should have applied.

6. sparky1960

sparky1960 New Member

Rob Demovsky from the Press Gazette should get involved (and no, this isn't Rob). He's a good news guy, versatile and gets his share of scoops.

Word is Jason Wilde was never a serious candidate. Apparently, the current JS guys had no interest in working with someone who's more interested in self-promotion than breaking news.

7. Rob Demovsky

Rob Demovsky New Member

I have resisted posting on this site -- and any message board site for that matter -- but I felt compelled to after what I read today from Mizzougrad96.

First of all, I have no idea who Sparky1960 is or why he or she mentioned me for this job. While I appreciate his or her kind words, I have no interest in this job whatsoever. I don't wish to compete with my current paper, the Press-Gazette, and my current colleague, Pete Dougherty, who is far more deserving of this job than I am. If I'm going to leave the Press-Gazette, it wouldn't be for another paper in Wisconsin. Trust me.

Part of what bothers me about this website is that it appears to me to be a bunch of busybody, know-it-alls who probably spend more time gossiping about journalism than actually doing journalism. The other part that bothers me is all the people posting under made-up screen names, which is why I'm posting under my own name and not hiding my email. So unless someone decides to mention my name for some reason, you won't find me posting on this site. But if I do, it won't be under some moniker referring to what school I graduated from and in what year.

8. I honestly appreciate you coming on here and clarifying for us, Rob, even if you had to hold your nose while doing so.

I might be a little pissed off at first if my name was bandied about on an anonymous board but ultimately you should take it as a compliment and lighten up.

It's really no different from you and your buddies sitting around discussing who the Packers might pick up. And if you look at his post closely, Mizzou really didn't say anything defamatory, nothing you didn't clear up in one post.

If you don't understand why a bunch of people who are paid to be objective are posting anonymously then so be it, but you really don't need to squeeze all of us into your little stereotype.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

With this turn and the play-by-play of the four candidates up to run the Norfolk shop, we are getting quite a peek behind the curtain. Maybe I should change my last name to Editude after all.

10. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Why bash the guy for having an opinion. He's pretty close to the truth.

If someone mentioned Write-brained for a job, then this board's know-it-all trashed quickly you for mentioning your own name "anonymously", you're telling me you wouldn't be a little defensive?

11. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Rob, keep up the good work in G.B. You truly do a great job.

12. LWillhite

LWillhite Member

Hi:

Long-time lurker, occasional poster.

I know Rob. I like Rob. He's a good guy, a classy guy and a fine reporter. It's a shame he had to come on here to refute an idiotic accusation.

I don't know Mizzougrad, but I read him on here. I don't like Mizzougrad. He might be a good guy, a classy guy and a fine reporter, but his horsebleep persona on here makes that idea "suspicious as hell."

Lindsey

Draft saved Draft deleted