1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zambrano and Barrett

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rambler, Jun 1, 2007.

1. The Cubbies appear not to be America's darlings any more.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I couldn't pick Barrett out of a lineup, though I remember discovering last year he was hot. Seriously, if you lined him up in a group of Playboy bunnies,I might be able to figure out which one he is. Otherwise, not so much.

And pallister is in much deeper shit with me for his Sox fandom than for his Barrett hatred. Fucking White Sox.

3. ASeid

ASeid New Member

A lot of hate toward Big Z in this situation (which i don't mind to see at all), but may I just raise a question. At what point is it allowable for a pitcher to start punching his supposed major league fielders right in the face when they can't catch, throw or in any way shape or form complete an out?

And as a Sox fan i couldn't help but have Ed Farmer's call from the Pierzynski-Barrett scuffle going through my head. Only this time it was "Carlos Zambrano just punched Michael Barrett right in the grill!"

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The answer to your question is:

When they can pitch worth a shit, then they can start bitching about their teammates. Then, they'll just be an asshole.

But when you can't get anyone out anyway, and then you blame it on your teammates, that's the height of cowardice.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck these assholes. Every single fucking one of them.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Ummmm ... anyone who thinks Zambrano is mentally stable are completely wrong. The guy is insane ... seriously ... insane.

You don't go after your catcher like that in the dugout. He's crazy, seriously crazy.

I'm not defending Barrett. He could have started it for all I know. But forgive me for assuming batshit crazy Zambrano deserves most of the blame for this.

And Barrett is a horrible defensive catcher, maybe the worst in the game. And his offense does not even it out ... not even close. Good teams have good defensive catchers.

7. Hammer Pants

"Good news, Cubs fans, the team is showing some life for the first time in weeks" (/Major League II).

8. pallister

pallister Guest

What about when the offense blows and wastes actual good pitching, such as what's been going on on the South Side most of the year?

9. Hammer Pants

Big Z has been shit, but Lilly, Hill and Marquis have been at least as good as expected.

10. Hammer Pants

I seriously doubt either of these guys will be on the Cubs' opening day roster next year, and one or both might be gone before that. If they're not going to resign Big Z — and now they really might not — then they need to deal him before the deadline and get something other than a first-round draft pick.

11. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Neither player was suspended. Fines were handed out though.

Barrett, who had a black eye, said he now "loves Carlos Zambrano." And Big Z says it was all his fault, which it was.

12. Hammer Pants

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Was it over when Carlos Zambrano punched Michael Barrett? Hell no. And it ain't over now.

Barrett wearing shades in the dugout ... nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted