1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 19, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Witness dominance

Dude, you're behind on your Log Log.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Re: Witness dominance

I know...I dropped it in the toilet, and I'm trying to get our intern to transcribe it for me...

3. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Man, that took forever to find, but here's Hakeem's stats against the Spurs:

1995 WC Finals Gm 1 Gm 2 Gm 3 Gm 4 Gm 5 Gm 6 Totals
    Hakeem Olajuwon 27 41 43 20 42 39 35.3 ppg

So he had 3 games of over 40 pts. But, he did have Hall-of-Famer Drexler that year, so that takes away the whole 'no one else can score' theory that LeBron is dealing with. And, they didn't allow zones then (although nobody told George Karl and the Sonics that).

Any way you cut it, LeBron had a game for all time tonight.

4. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

It was cool to see LeBron awake from his up-and-down regular season. Excellent game from him and I don't think anyone should be surprised the Cavs are one game away from the Finals. After all, we have to remember, this is the Eastern Conference. I'd be willing to bet the top five teams in the West (maybe 6) would've have made it through the East.

That said, LeBron deserves big props for Thursday night's performance. But, he still has to finish it. Ask T-Mac how hard that is.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I was at this game.

HOLY KRAP. That's all I have to say. HO-LY KRAP.

P.S. Flip Saunders got fucking out coached by fucking Mike fucking Brown! There, there's my rant.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So how many people will claim their bashing of LeBron was the reason he had a big game tonight? I know Barkley already did.

7. Chuck~Taylor

I'm waiting for Skip Bayless to come out and tell us what he thinks.

8. amraeder

Not sure it's the top six. Cavs would beat Utah, at least.

9. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Mike Brown is 1 win away from some SERIOUS job security.

Damn, Kobe better go hide after this performance. No talk shows for you!

10. amraeder

I'm fine with that as long as he finds an assistant who knows SOMETHING about offense. Amazing what LeBron did playing 1-on-5...

11. Chuck~Taylor

True.

P.S. ........he scored the last 25 POINTS for them. 25!!!!!!!!!!!

12. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

He should do what Larry Bird did when he coached, get GREAT assistants. They should target an offensive guru type guy. And, make the roster either more athletic or more half-court friendly. This "in-between" roster is not helping them any, IMO

Draft saved Draft deleted