1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe wants Jerry West to return as Lakers GM or he wants out of L.A.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, May 28, 2007.

1. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I always knew that, even if everything was laid out in front of us, and even if Shaq, Kobe and Buss all swore on Bibles their roles in the whole saga, idiots like you two would still let your hatred of Bryant cloud what's going on.
    It's pointless to even read this thread, sometimes.

2. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Yeah, throw your support to the girl with three different semen donors, none of which were Kobe Bryant's, in the panties she was wearing (I could understand one ..... maaaaybe let two slide .... but 3? yeah, she's reputable) who, according to friends, was bragging about the size of Bryant's penis at parties in the days following the alleged incident. She sounds like a real victim. I guess all you need to convict is an accusation.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it amazing. I'd call it pretty normal.

Just look at this board. As I type this, 26 posts have been made on this thread since anyone has posted on the "NBA playoffs" thread.

Seems to me ESPN is giving the topic the attention that we are giving it.

So we're all disgusting . . . or none of us are.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

What do you think the majority of ESPN's hourlong pregame show tonight is going to focus on? It won't be the Spurs and Jazz.

5. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Ray Allen called this. Didn't he say like a year or two ago that Kobe would ask to be traded within 2 years?

This will officially end the whole "Kobe = MJ" bunk. At least we can hope. 3 years, sub-.500 record, nothing beyond the first round of the playoffs. Kobe knows his rep is going to hell and he wants out of the West.

Gimpy, I understand the frustration. But when I heard Kobe on Stephen A's show, the sighing and pouting, I kept thinking back to "I'm innocent," and a bunch of whining and self-pitying.

No matter how it happens, whoever you want to believe, drama follows Kobe around. Drama, tension, awkward media interactions, etc. I don't think that's a coincidence, and I don't think it will end for Kobe when (if) he leaves L.A.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Gimpy, if you believe that the Kobe/Shaq relationship had nothing to do with Shaq being dealt, you're hopelessly naive. Kobe was the happiest man in L.A. the day Shaq got traded. Whether he directly orchestrated it or not, it was exactly what he wanted. Kobe had one of the best centers in NBA history on his team and he didn't want him. For him to turn around now and bitch that he doesn't have enough talent around him is comical.

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

You, and the people like you, clinging to that belief is what's comical, man.
    You have Shaq coming out and publicly backing Bryant in that it was Buss who orchestrated the trade of Shaq. Bryant openly admits they didn't get along, but also points out that they got along well enough to win three titles and would've continued to do so. Buss made the decision that Shaq wasn't worth the $80 million to keep (and I don't blame him, honestly). Was Bryant completely devastated by it? No. But to say he lobbied for it is oversimplifying what actually happened. Especially now, when Shaq is corroborating the story.

And, please, don't take this as a personal attack, just a friendly debate. I laughed when you ripped Kobe but then admitted you'd be first in line for season tickets. That was hilarious.

8. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I think you're way off base here, but hey, what do I know. ;)

9. blueview

blueview Member

Kobe will pipe down if he discovers he could potentially have a Denver-area mailing address. Merely speculation.

10. That'd be crazy. Too bad it would never happen, unless the Lakers accepted a gimpy big man package of Nene and Camby.

Celtics make most sense. Could give up Pierce, plus Green and/or No. 5 pick. Works for both sides. With Kobe in the East, Celtics are a contender. Lakers were better than Cavs this year, though Cavs are two games away from finals b/c the East is such a joke.

Pierce is from L.A., and has said his dream was to always play for Lakers - plus, he's got to be days away from demanding a trade to escape Ainge's ineptitude.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

(I'm sorry Rok, but I have to say this)

For the love of god: SHUT.THE.HELL.UP.
    You wouldn't be pissed if you were Kobe? First he was lied to because of the whole rebuilding. Remember, he wouldn't even be in LA if Buss would've told him that. Then you got the whole trust factor with the little "LA spy" that told that reporter about the Shaq situation. Rok, sometimes your so full of it that it gets to the point of being comical. You know who's right in this. HELL, YOU GOT YOUR BOY SHAQ BACKING UP KOBE AND YOU STILL WANNA TAKE HIM DOWN. He didn't ask to play with Smush Parker. He didn't ask to play with Ronny Turiaf in his fucking starting lineup. You're quite the character.

Gimpy, don't even try with these people. You can't win. Even when Shaq backs him up.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Gimpy and Chuck said all I could hope to say about people still being down on Kobe. As for Gimpy's assertion of why Kobe likely didn't assault that young woman . . . . can't say I disagree, but I'm glad I wasn't the one who opened that can of worms. I have avoided doing so many times in these idiotic bash Kobe threads.

If Kobe wants out, then good luck. But this type of loudmouth bitching has been seen in Lakerland before, in winter 2001 when espn the magazine reported that Shaq wanted to be traded and all his moronic "feed the big dog" nonsense. And they figured that out with flying colors at the time. If he were to leave . . . .can't take those three titles away. And just those three are still more than the bulk of the franchises in the entire league have ever won.

Kobe is right to be upset, as all laker fans share his sentiments. But again, he is wrong to air this crap in the media. Now if Buss brings back West, it shows Kobe has the franchise - one of the great ones in sports - by the balls. If Kupchak is rightfully fired, same thing. Some dunce will come out now and say "He had them by the balls when they traded Shaq!!!" Indeed . . . Shaq never asked for a trade, never demanded an extension, and never tried to make himself bigger than the franchise. It was all Kobe; just ask Shaq.

Oh, whoops.

Draft saved Draft deleted