1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle outing/gathering, 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, May 27, 2007.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Or perhaps late June. Much like the fucking presidential election, it's more than a year away.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

June or July sounds pretty damn good to me. And yes, there must be baseball involved.

3. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Remember that you can't count on nice weather up here until after the Fourth of July.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Correct. June tends to be a shitty month. I remember coming home from college and having to deal with rain and not very warm weather in the month of June. Pretty lame. Mid to late July and August are awesome, however.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, Doc and I are definitely a tentative yes for this one. We'll both have vacation by then and will have some money saved up.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Average annual rainfall in Seattle (and Portland, for that matter) is about 36 inches, less than NYC, Boston and Atlanta. Average high temp in Seattle in June, July and August is low to mid-70s. Bring a rain jacket and put the hood up. Leave the umbrella at home.
    Baseball most definitely will be involved, a Saturday night game or Sunday day game.

7. Al_Czervik

Al_Czervik Member

Actually, SkyBus flies to Bellingham, which is about 100 miles north of Seattle. You'll have to rent a car, take a bus or the train to get to Seattle.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Still amazing airfare.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

What's up with all y'all Easterners who never come out to see us, dammit? I've lived in SoCal for two years, and haven't had a single friend or family member from "back east" come to visit me yet. I've been back home three times already.

Suck it up. :D

10. Al_Czervik

Al_Czervik Member

If you get the $10 one-way ticket.

It's extra to choose your seat or check a bag. You can't bring aboard food and water, so be ready to shell out some money for water and snackbox for the trans-continental flight from Columbus to Bellingham.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Hmmm, Seattle is an amazing city ...

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Out of curiosity, why do you think so?

Draft saved Draft deleted