1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athens (Ga.) SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MC Auggie, May 25, 2007.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Then I'll go start my own thread named "College towns and boobs" ... so there!

2. Dignan11

Dignan11 Member

When in Athens, check out the restaurant FARM 255. Some friends of mine opened it and thy've brought a little California-style to Georgia.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

We don't take kindly to you California-types!

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Great call. My brother and his wife get all their veggies from the same farm outside of town.

5. Yeah I knew that. I just didn't want to have a three word name. Not the first quote I have messed up either.

6. I've been to most of these places, all the SEC and many of the Big 12, but only a couple way out west or east and I have to say Mizzougrad has a good grip on the situation from what I can tell.

I even have to agree about Bryan-College Station. Great place for football but not much else. I thought Oxford should get a little higher nod for the beautiful women ... they go to football games dressed in evening formal wear like it's a beauty pageant. I'd also rank Austin a little higher.

But all in all, a very fair assessment.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had Austin third until Moddy made me change it... ;D

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Oxford is great in a lot of different ways, said this Ole Miss grad, but it's getting a little too congested for my taste.

9. boots

boots New Member

I agree. It has lost a lot of his Mississippi flavor.

10. confectionary sugar

confectionary sugar New Member

as usual, the fuckwit offers no backup for any of his kneejerk 'opinions.'

and what the hell are we judging this on anyway?

my cool towns? let me go out really far on a limb here (like mgrad) and say athens and ausin are really, really kool!

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Never been to Ausin.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Anybody know anything more about the job (which I won't be applying for)?

Have to disagree with Coral Gables for essentially the same reason Moddy disagreed with Columbus: It's a suburb of Miami, which is not a "college town" by any definition.

Draft saved Draft deleted