1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB Thread Number 3, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am still wondering what Lee Mazzilli did to get fired by the Orioles. He did a good job there I thought.

As for Perlozzo, well since Angelos like him, I wonder if he will fire him. Angelos kept Ray Miller for awhile as manager.

2. The fringe players got hot at the right time last year in the playoffs. They were not going to duplicate their success next year. That's one problem right there.

Cards have no depth in starting pitching and losing Carpenter hurts.

At least, Cards fans got a championship.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

A good job? His team was 9-28 in his last 37 games. Angelos had never before fired a manager in mid-season.

Ray Miller was there for a while? He was there for two years.

Goddamn, it's getting slow around here.

Edit: Fuckabuncha BuckMyNameIsNotEarlweaver. :D

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the Yanks are going to sweep the Sawks, starting tonight.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The act (by act, I mean the hitting of this ignore button.... not your postings) is pathetic to begin with.

Second, are you kidding?

What great spew you provide.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Still playing the Cards twice, though. June 12-14 at KC, June 18-20 at STL. But you're right, it would have been great to play them during the "rivalry" weekend.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

So the newspapers this morning are saying Tyler Clippard turned things around for the Yankees and, with Wang, Mussina and Pettitte set up for the Red Sox series, everything looks great. Twenty-four hours ago, the papers were firing Cashman and Torre and calling the Yankees dead. It's one game, people. Let's not jump to conclusions. This is not the NFL, it's a 162-game season. The kid did an excellent job and the law of averages took over. That's all that happened. A little perspective would be nice here.

(That said, who needs Roger Clemens when you have Tyler Clippard?)

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Now you tell us... :)

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

At least they're wise enough to give a home series to each team. I can remeber a few years ago when the Royals and Pirates played home-in-home, but KC-Stl only had one series. Just plain genius.

10. Who Knows

Who Knows Member

Cards also lost its 2-3-4 pitchers to free agency after the Series.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Cards also didn't do anything to address the rotation once they left, because they were clueless like that.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good to see all the Yankees haters disappear back into the woodwork once they put together two solid games in a row.
    When the Yankees lose, this thread grows 15 pages a night, when they win it falls to page 2. So it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.