1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers writer, Journal Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, May 8, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Pipeline is told Milwaukee is looking for someone to cover the Packers - no one is leaving, just some shuffling of some sort. Haven't looked for a link yet. If anyone has one or has more information, please post or PM.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

One of the guys who covered the Packers for the tab/magazine is now covering the Brewers, so this could potentially be hiring for that position.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

covering for the tab/magazine? how's that different than covering it for the paper?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's a weekly or monthly publication. I don't remember which. I didn't say it was any different, except that I don't know how much writing would be in the actual paper or if all of it is in the other publication.

5. Pops

Pops Member

Longtime Packers guy Cliff Christl recently retired. His role was largely online, and it doesn't seem they'd be able to "replace" him. More likely they just need another body, primarily for their Packer Plus stuff and potentially a pagination role as well.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Thanks for the details. My J-S contacts have been MIA recently, so I couldn't get anymore details.

7. nutgraph

nutgraph New Member

inside source says garry howard wants anthony witrado for this job. he’s a young reporter covering the high school beat at the paper.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for stopping by tony. ... are you an effin' stud, too, besides the bold?

9. nutgraph

nutgraph New Member

i am not anthony witrado. i apologize for not mentioning that. just heard the info, and passing it along to those who are interested in what happens with this opportunity.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Witrado is really, really good. He will definitely go places. Was in Fresno previously, I believe. And no, I'm not Anthony either.

Rick Braun, who covered the Packers for their weekly Packers Plus publication, is now sharing Brewers duties with Tom Haudricourt.

11. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

From Cliff Christl to Anthony Witrado, I don't see that happening. I could see promoting Todd Rosiak and putting Witrado on Marquette.

12. Oshkosh

Oshkosh New Member

Yeah, but wouldn't working for a weekly publication be considered a step down from what Jason Wilde is doing right now at the WSJ?

Seeing as how they're looking for someone that is young that can offer up their layout skills, I suppose there hasn't been any mention of where to apply.

Draft saved Draft deleted