1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Radio running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It's not football season. It's hockey's best time of the season.

2. jnyce

jnyce New Member

The tattoo was an ace of spades with his kids' initials. He thinks of himself as a "Vegas guy who loves his children." I like his show, but he's very quick to cut off his listeners. That part frustrates me. If you don't agree with him, he cuts you off quickly.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I love listening to Steiner when I'm in the car at that hour.... he has a great voice/persona and always gets interesting interviews with baseball writers/announcers, who always seem to have interesting news to discuss.

4. butchie

butchie New Member

If you're looking for an afternoon delight, Randy Galloway (Dallas ESPN) is the way to go. He does tounge-in-cheek outrage with the best of them.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I feel like the Steiner/Scully combo on Dodgers' broadcasts is one of the great secrets that most of the country doesn't appreciate. I really don't know how you can beat it.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Would you believe Sterling / Waldman

ps I to am fan of Steiner XM show - great guests and very timely to baseball events of day. Even Barry Bonds likes Charlie.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You HAVE heard about the blue sarcasm font, haven't you? ;)

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'd like to hear this sometime. I've always enjoyed Charlie.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

All fixed chief.

10. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

This is slightly off-topic (more play-by-play), but I've said it before, and I'll say it again--Vin Scully is maybe the best reason to have the Extra Innings package. Not much better than getting home at 10:30 and flipping on a Dodgers game from Chavez Ravine.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Who's does more ad-lib impersonations and quotes, Chris Mohr (sp?) or Jason Smith? I think Mohr is a little worse, that is, he does them more frequently, but he's also a far better impressionist than Smith, IMO

12. Kent_Dorfman

Kent_Dorfman Member

Steiner's format rocks. Two hours, four guests an hour for 15 minutes a piece, give or take. Plus, on the pad data on XM they tell you who's coming up as the next guest. Even better when the producer can't spell and you end up with Busty Oldner as the next guest.

Draft saved Draft deleted