1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Should Random Thoughts come to an end?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Apr 30, 2007.

?

With more than 10,000 posts, is it time for the latest Random Thoughts thread to go away?

Poll closed May 7, 2007.
  1. Yes. Lock it. It's done. Too much like a chatroom.

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Yes. Delete it. It's a steaming pile of crap.

9 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Yes. Let's all ignore it.

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Yes. Lock it and start a new one.

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. No. I love it!

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. No. If you don't like it, ignore it.

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  7. Who cares?

9 vote(s)
    19.6%
  8. Other (please explain)

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

We don't appreciate you turning the focus of yet another thread to yourself and boots.

We thank you for your attention to this matter.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

fmrsped, you piece of shit. we have not attacked you at all. Please stick to the topic.

Have an enjoyable Founder's Day.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If you don't like it just stay out.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It's increasingly becoming life here.

People who purport to be on the "good side" of a feud often fire the first volley on a fresh thread -- either by predicting the "bad guy" will show up and ruin it, or by predicting someone who considers them to be the "bad guy" will show up and call them out -- sometimes make more trouble or create the conditions for more trouble than the people they consider the bad guys.

Just a thought from someone who used to do the same at times and now sees how ridiculous it looks from a neutral perch.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And now someone will take issue with J_D's characterization, completing the irony herein.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Only after I get a series of PMs asking, "Are you talking about me??"

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're not paranoid if THEY are out to get WE.

And have a happy Administrative Professionals Week.

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I voted other.

I think its time has come, though it pains me to say it. Perhaps after a break, it can return in a third iteration. More than anything, I want the "boots speak" to stop, and perhaps letting this entire issue drop can move that effort forward.

In the end, all I want to avoid board drama, and if RTtS is only contributing more drama, and more stress to our esteemed Dangerator, then I'm willing to let go of it. It's still my favorite thread, and definitely the place I spend most of my time, but I'm a grown person who will be ok if my toy gets taken away (that said, take my camera and I'll cry like a small child).

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Stoob speak is probably the pinnacle of this board's creative process, and should not be stifled in any way, shape or form.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I shouldn't even have mentioned that. I don't have a dog in the fight, and if I don't like it, I can just ignore it.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's just us.

Sure, it borders on childish and petty.

But it's also witty and cutting and filled with attention to craft and eye for detail that you just won't get on other message boards.

And yes, we'll surely beat it into the ground until long after most have found it amusing.

But that's us, too, I guess.

Now, when's Junction Boys on again?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jee-sus, people ...

If I didn't have random thoughts ... I would have no thoughts at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.