1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

american idol -- 4/17

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Apr 17, 2007.

1. I did wonder why they didn't play Paula's comments that he was supposedly responding to ...

2. Dignan

Dignan Guest

I think Simon doth protest too much about the eye-rolling incident. He should have just told the truth -- that he thought Chris was trying to exploit the situation to get votes. His apology/explanation, which seemed to last about five minutes, felt contrived.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I haven't watched the show wth any regularity since Season Two. And I chuckle at the fact they keep bringing in pop stars to coach them who frankly don't have great voices (J-LO and Gwen Stefani, Fergie, etc.No, not Tony Bennett).

But tonight, I tuned in. And that absolutely was joyous applause from the crowd when Sanjaya was eliminated. And I loved Paula trying to look like he had tears in her eyes. She's a tool.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Sidebar: A performer named Akon, who has already appeared twice as an Idol guest this season, was recently taped sexually molesting a 14-year-old female fan on stage in Trinidad. (The video may be NSFW):

5. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Wow. I did a lot of that when I was 14.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I give this to you, SportsJournalists.com nation.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't care. Simon's good looking. Period.

8. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

It wasn't just you. No one was running to his side to help him sing his exit song like most of the others.

I DVRd the show, watched it when I got home at 11 and I scared both cats when I yelled out in joy. It was the highlight of this shitty week for me, that's for sure.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Melinda. She cracked me up when she sat in the middle of the stage, refusing to decide which group was safe this week. She's been my favorite from the start, she's done nothing to change that.

Re: Sanjaya, it's about damn time. I think Simon putting it out there last night had to help some. The kid ought to be happy with the run he had. He's already secured a segment on VH-1's "I Love the Zeros" retro show dedicated to 2007. Wonder whether a tour with William Hung is already in the works.

10. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Nobody wants to see them together ... but it don't matter noooooooo

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That just cracked me up. Don't know if it's the lyric so much as seeing the great Clubber Slang post on an American Idol thread. I don't want you to lose any street cred over this.

12. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

well, what if I go beat Blake Lewis' ass?

Draft saved Draft deleted