1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Kid's a fucking stud. ;D

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm kidding about the redhead. I don't know him well but seems to be salt of the earth. All above are correct, there's a crapload of strong young talent on that beat. Will be interesting to watch.

I don't think it will take long for Slater to adjust. If Mizzou were here, he would call him a fuckin' stud.

3. I agree.

4. Oh yeah, I read back and noticed I wrote this a while back. Slater was the guy I was talking about.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure he was. We're just supposed to believe you??

6. Well, I'm a little biased because Darryl is a friend.

7. I was sent an e-mail during the interviewing process I'd get a phone interview, but I never got it.

8. boots

boots New Member

That's sad to hear. Mike is pretty good about returning calls. But I'm not him and can't speak about what happened.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's never stopped you before.

10. boots

boots New Member

I've NEVER spoken for Mike. I've got enough trouble speaking for myself. 8)

11. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

If that makes me a nitwit in your eyes, I can live with that.

Contact me, in person, with a name, and I'll offer you a formal apology. Might have been another person in this boat, too. As I said earlier, this one was mammoth and going on when a lot of stuff was going on. I learned a lot and will do better overall in my next search.
    Bottom line, though: We got the best candidate. That's the primary goal from start to finish.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not that Mike needs me defending him, but given what I can only imagine is a leaning tower or resumes is not exactly an easy job. Hell, when I had a job opening on my mercifully brief stay at one paper, I was having trouble keeping heads or tails straight with everything else, and then to throw a job search on top of that ... it was pretty nightmarish. And he doesn't have the deputy help that SE would normally have, so that's pretty rough too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.