1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bed sheets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The Heavenly Bed components are soooooooooo tempting ....

2. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

bite your tongue, sir.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think that's HomeGoods.

But be careful of using your credit card there. HomeGoods, Marshalls, are all owned by TJ Maxx, which recently had a big security breach, where someone hacked into their network and got lots of credit card numbers.

4. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

We got some 300 thread count santeen sheets from Bed, Bath & Beyond for our wedding. I have slept phenomenally for a year and a half now.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I think that's over. I work at a Marshalls, and between Dr. J and I we used five credit cards during the time they got hacked and haven't had any trouble.

BTW, the chains just did markdowns on domestics last week, so now would be a good time to buy.

For Mrs. Tater, they did markdowns on lingerie today.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I spent about $75 on a queen set I found on eBay. I don't remember the thread count, but it was at least 700 and Egyptian cotton. They are the best sheets I've ever had. Well worth the money. I just checked, and that's not even mid-range on price. You can actually spend about $1,000 on sheets without even leaving the confines of eBay. If I spend that much on sheets, they must come with a few maidens.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

After got married, Mrs. qtlaw bought some Charisma sheets and damn they have been sweet. 300 count or something. Unfortunately Charisma was discontinued by Fieldcrest a couple of years ago and after about 6 years ours were deteriorating. Luckily found some on eBay.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The Heavenly Bed is one of the greatest accomplishments of humankind. When I stay at a Westin I go to bed at like 7.

Agree with what everyone else said -- get the highest thread count you can afford. You'll never regret it.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Heavenly bed is the best - Here is the detail - Sheets are 300 thread count. Not sure why you would need to go higher if that is what 300 gives. Also not sure what middle sheet is. I've never noticed it.

The one complaint I have is that there is too many odd shaped pillows that I am never sure what to do with.

Cotton Blend - 230 Thread Count Ensemble
    The complete Heavenly Bed ensemble featuring cotton blend, 230-thread count deep pocket fitted sheet, decorative flat middle sheet, top flat sheet, and pillowcases.
    California King $3,235.00
    King $3,235.00
    Queen $2,805.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% Cotton - 230 Thread Count Ensemble
    The complete Heavenly Bed ensemble featuring 100% Egyptian cotton, 230-thread count deep pocket fitted sheet, decorative flat middle sheet, top flat sheet, and pillowcases.
    California King $3,370.00
    King $3,370.00
    Queen $2,940.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% Cotton - 300 Thread Count Ensemble
    The complete Heavenly Bed ensemble featuring 100% Egyptian cotton, 300-thread count deep pocket fitted sheet, decorative flat middle sheet, top flat sheet, and pillowcases.
    California King $3,550.00
    King $3,550.00
    Queen $3,100.00

10. If you are lucky to live within reasonable distance of an IKEA, they have great 400-count sheets dirt cheap. And they get softer as you wash them. Otherwise, Overstock.com usually always has quality high-thread count sheets for a decent price.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The middle sheet is the one that gets tangled up, under the blanket....then the top sheet goes over the blanket, and you say 'why are there all these sheets all over the place?'

And I like all the pillows, you can shove them over to my side.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

seems like overkill . for most I would imagine that the middle is really the top sheet.

The shame is that we are here and not together in a Heavenly bed at our favorite Westin.

Draft saved Draft deleted