1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- Strasburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Mar 20, 2007.

1. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

yes, mike, we know you have black friends too.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Anyone know how many resumes have come in on this one? I'm eagerly awaiting my rejection letter.

3. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

not sure, but i'd guess it's in the low thousands

4. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Is that it?

5. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

its early still. plus we gotta wait for all the american idol runner ups to throw in.

6. ArmanTamzarian

ArmanTamzarian New Member

KaraokeC - I heard some rumors about you and the asian from Schlotzsky's. Tsk, tsk.

7. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

what can i say, gay asian deli guys love sports writers. and i love pastrami. it was only a matter of time before there was a misunderstanding.

8. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

I'm a little stung that we haven't earned the coveted boots Seal of Approval. Perhaps soon...

A little birdy told me the first resumes are stacking up in our ME's mailbox. Shouldn't be much longer now...

9. boots

boots New Member

Mike, it takes a lot to earn the coveted boots seal of approval. I know you've got a good paper and good people. It's an excellent place for a youngster looking for experience or an older guy looking to finally sink their teeth into something meaty.
    That being said, Strasburg gets the boots seal with no questions asked. Not a bad place to be in many ways.

10. ArmanTamzarian

The ME is going to have a tough time if the resumes are stacking up. I hear there is at least one absolute stud in the mix.

11. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

Bumpity bump.

Just got word that the old SE is officially gone. If you want this job, you better hurry.

12. ArmanTamzarian

Free Strawsburger w/ resume and application. While supplies last.

Draft saved Draft deleted