1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Augusta attire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Brookerton, Apr 1, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

2. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Go with a white T-shirt with "John 3:16" stenciled on the front in huge black letters and a rainbow-colored Afro wig.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Whatever you wear, don't forget to pop the collar.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And don't forget to tie a sweater around your neck. :)

5. Of course, off the course, standards are somewhat looser.
    [​IMG]

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shorts are perfectly acceptable at golf tournaments. Just wear a stylish shirt and sensible shoes. (Did I just really write that?)

7. ...not that there's anything wrong with your writing it.

8. Dignan11

Dignan11 Member

Buy one of those shiny golf shirts, button the collar up and then get one of those sweater vests. Only thing worse than golf fashion, especially that of Justin Leonard and Davis Love III, is the way every American shanker and golf scribe follows these polo-wearing, country clubbers. Oh, and don't forget your golf spikes. You're going to be doing a ton of swinging and you really need golf spikes to cover a tournament. Make sure you have new spikes screwed in so you can get a grip on hte side of a hill when you're writing down some notes.
    One last requirement, be sure to wear a visor from a prominent club you've played, so upon questioning, you can deliver a shot-for-shot breakdown of your 97 -- which could have been better if your caddie understood how far you hit your new hybrid.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself!

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

So I'm sure that's why Jim Hunter (NASCAR) dresses like that every freaking day. Yeah, he's a polo-wearing country clubber.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've got to applaud you on this one Fens.

Well-played.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

... impossible to walk in this muck. No footing at all. ...

... Somebody tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

Draft saved Draft deleted