1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Anyone on here suffer from glaucoma while in high school and/or college? Yeah, didn't think so....

next.....

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

You're a know-it-all. There's nothing personal about it. At least I didn't call you a tool.

And people like to experience things that aren't necessarily good for them. They like to experiment. Some like the feeling it generates. Seems pretty reasonable, and legitimate, to me. What, was your father killed by a giant pot bush?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks for weighing in redneck.

4. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

Never smoked weed before (personal choice). But I know my dad did. As did my mom. Wife, too. I know my boss did, and so did all but two of the people I work with every day.

I respect the hell out of all of those people.

Z, next time you're in a pressbox that has more than one person, you can be sure one of them, probably the reporter kicking your sanctimonious ass on the next day's copy, has played puff, puff pass.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you guys get this thread locked again, I'm never speaking to any of you again. That is all.

6. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Okay, I get it now... having an opinion that differs from mert's makes you a know-it-all.... got it...

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god dude, take a bong hit and chill the fuck out.

8. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Last time I checked, nobody over the age of 21 has gotten arrested for buying a six-pack.

9. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

My bad SC.

For my part, I'll apologize for calling Z a sanctimonious ass.

But you have to admit, that's a bunch of bovine excrement Z is pushing.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just because the government decided alcohol was legal doesn't mean that it is better for you than pot.
    You asked us to tell you one good reason for smoking weed and my response is tell me one good reason for drinking alcohol or smoking a cigarette (of which I do both).
    Sometimes in life people like escapes. Sometimes in life people like to party with their friends. Sometimes in life people make bad decisions. There are tons of reasons why people have smoked weed and none of them are in worse than any of the other drugs out there that mainstream America consumes.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Also, my brother used to be a raging alcoholic and has since given up the sauce using weed. He now has given up weed.
    By the way zizzer, when was the last time you got a speeding ticket, because last I checked you can get arrested for that too.

12. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

How's it bullshit that I'm pushing? It's my opinion, and you don't have to agree with it.

God forbid someone go against the proverbial grain on here....

And by the way, I'm still waiting for a legitimate, non-medical reason a high school or college kid should smoke up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.