1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Took me 8 hours to move off the couch. Man, that memory pisses me off. Anyway, I moved out shortly thereafter. Man, Heather was a good one, too.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Have never smoked pot before. Am I missing out? [my gut says no, but thought i'd ask]

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That makes two of us sxy.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Are you missing out?

Yeah, on getting high.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Tequila fucked me up nice in college. One time I did 15 shots in 15 minutes at the school paper Christmas party. I'm a fairly big guy, so when I went on a tequila bender (probably a half-dozen times in my life), I'd have to throw back a mininum of eight shots to get a good buzz going. Almost gave it up when I had a bad experience with silver tequila, but I had one more tequila trip in me a couple of years later. That would prove to be a big fucking mistake, one of my top 20 life regrets. And I've rarely touched the piss in the last years. Not because I'd go crazy and polish the bottle off. Just because I don't need any more reminders of my fuckups.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I did for 15 years. Looking back now ... well, it has its place. Depends on the bud; all bud is different. But I can't answer that question the way you need to have it answered. Just remember Newton's 3rd (or was it 4th?) law: With every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

As for pot: Tried it a few times in college, only got a high once. It made me bang my head against the wall, and it made me ravenously hungry. People who know me also know that I don't need a lot of artificial help with either.

8. Fuck you. That is all. :mad:

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Ya'll should try IMs, or PMs, or lube?
    :)

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

awwwww, cranky Ellis.

Hey, when's Flag Day?

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've been playing March Madness on my PS2 lately and just as I'm getting ready to shut off the game, I check my team stats.

FG: .505 (I think...)
    3PT: .310 (again, I think)
    FT: .666

Man, I knew there was no way I could go to bed with a sign like that in my head, but I'm too tired to play another game, just to get my FT shooting percentage off the Satan sign. I mean, a sign like that could mean you're playing in a tournament with an Adrien Karsten-quality announcer calling your game.

So I took a chance and simmed my next game, an away contest against Nicholls State (I'm playing as Sam Houston State). 75-55, Victory! 6-0 in conference.

And best of all, my FT percentage was down to .655. Now I can go to bed.

12. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

I have no respect for anyone who's ever smoked pot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.