1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

flimsy Apple laptop cords!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Mar 26, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Dammit, for the second time in three years, my Apple laptop a/c cord bit the dust. I swear they make these things flimsy on purpose. Now I'm stuck in some shitass town where no one sells Apple stuff. Any suggestions for cheap, reliable stuff online? This blows!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Best Buy, Radio Shack, the back of Ernie the crackhead's car, somewhere in the mall.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The apple store?

4. writing irish

I was just wondering if anyone was cheaper/speedier than the online Apple store. The little pudthump asshole at the local Staples was openly contemptuous when I asked him if there was anyone in town that had Apple accessories. Such lovely manners here in Kansas.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Check the local phonebook for computer repair people - they may have one. Also, CompUSA sells Apple accessories. Most of the big box chains don't bother. f you're going to be there a day or two longer, order one online and have it overnighted to you. If the machine's still under warranty, Apple will do this, too.

6. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Pardon my ignorance — both broad and deep — but what the heck can go wrong with the apple cord? I've had some of the old "bricks" go bad back in the day of the G3 books, but the G4s seem to work well and been durable in less than ideal conditions.

7. writing irish

Not sure, it just doesn't supply power any more. The laptop itself is ok...and it wasn't any problem with an electrical outlet.

8. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

That's funny... never had any problem with my HP laptop cord..... ;D

9. writing irish

Historically, I've been very happy with my Apple laptop, although I've never been one of those cultlike Apple fanatics.

But after getting screwed over by iTunes 7 and now this electric cord assclownery, I'm not too pleased with Apple at the moment.

10. I don't know if this can help with the speed aspect, if you need it today, but Macally makes cords that are a zillion times better than the stupid Apple cords. I ordered one online through amazon.com.

11. Hurricane J

Hurricane J New Member

macwizards.com ... cheap, quick ... not stylish

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ugh, the AC cord went on my Dell computer last year right before finals (read, I had a ton of papers due and no power).

I ditched the Dell. Went all out and my mom bought me a Toshiba. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted