1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Tell them you have the shits and you can't make it.

2. No, I respect my boss too much to fuck him over like that. Hopefully, my review next month goes well.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You made the mistake of answering the phone.
    Caller ID is a beautiful thing. If its an unknown/private number (or the office on an off-day) just ignore the call.

4. sportschick

The ending of the Indiana State-Michigan State national title game is on ESPNClassic right now. God this game makes me sad.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Why for does it make you sad? You probably weren't even in kindergarten when it was played. ;D

I have my classified pages done and my sports pages done.

But, tonight I have to cover a city council meeting, and that sucks sweaty manatee balls.

6. sportschick

I wasn't, but I do have an Indiana State connection, dammit.

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Why do I feel like I'm going to cry today?

It's not a particularly stressful work day, and the temperature at the office has even returned to semi-normal. Maybe I really do have seasonal-affective disorder. :-\

8. sportschick

Sometimes a girl just needs a good cry. When you're done with work, buy some chocolate, watch Beaches (or other similarly depressing flick) and bawl. It'll get it out of your system, and probably make you feel better too.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My solution for when I feel like crying: beer.

10. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Huh... same as mine.... someone want to explain why I've got four fresh new empties on the floor by me?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I did a yahoo public fantasy league and I missed my damn draft today because I was so exhausted I fell asleep. Now I have players I've never heard of. Effing A!

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

What's a nice way of saying BS'ing for print?

This is for a column.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.