1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

we just smoked pot and called it a day.

2. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

That explains much....

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you, what? gathered in each other's dorms and practiced debate, worked long math? at least people actually wanted to hang out with tomas.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shit, everybody i hung out with thought nancy was being sarcastic, so we just said yes.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Shows you what a nerd I am -- I had an image of Jim Cantore describing this, waiting by the Arch in St. Louis for the first wave of dead baby showers to come through.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Had one of those days to remember on Sunday, and it was totally unexpected. I'd had plans to have a night with just me and my girlfriend...sans kids. But my ex showed up HOURS late and plans had to be scrapped.

So instead we met Sunday morning after breakfast and went to a rather enormous flea market just outside of town and we scored a fantastic deal on two matching 21-speed bikes, one for a guy and one for a gal, for $120. I only had $90, so she turned on her charm, talked down the seller and we pedaled our butts out of there with two relatively new bikes!

Later we picked up her daughter, talked with her mom, had pizza and played games and more for the rest of the evening.

Very wonderful day, indeed.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i saw a nationals spring training game on saturday.

jon rauch was a dick to the fans by the bullpen. rauch has a tatoo that seems to be the letter I on the back of his neck (although my buddy thinks it doesn't end at the neck and maybe extends down onto the back.)

if it's an I, i'm not sure why because he's from kentucky, not iowa, indiana, idaho.

despite rauch being a dick, i later went home and picked rauch with my final pick in my fantasy baseball draft. (it's a very deep keeper league and i needed a good innings eater in middle relief who could pick up a few saves and vulture wins.)

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What did he do to the fans by the bullpen that made him a dick? I'm genuinely curious.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Buck Fruins.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Stupid fn bird.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

After being pretty much non-existent on SJ this week, I have one thing to say...

You effers. Where's my "what happened to spup" thread. OK, so I wasn't completely idle, but I was pushing it. I worked my ass off this week and finally have a much needed day off. I have a twisted ankle, blisters on my feet, I smell like booz and nasty, and I can genuinely say this week made all the boring parts of my new job worth it. I now need a shower. I also need food since I haven't eaten much all week.

How was everyone else's week?

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen spup?

(damn server issues ... post FINALLY went through)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.