1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I've spent too much of my life in California to think that the Golden State and Florida were the only enjoyable places. Montana has been amazing so far. I'm not looking forward to leaving.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You'll miss it when you leave, plus it'll be harder to find a place to shoot off the gun and not get arrested.

3. CradleRobber

I've already been told some crazy things here, like seatbelts are a secondary law, and someone under age 21 can drive with a .02 BAL.

There are a lot of things you can get away with in Montana but not in California.

4. sportschick

There are states where underaged kids can't drive with a .02? Damn.

5. sportschick

Yea, but you can register a .02 on a breath test b/c of communion wine and mouthwash. You gotta give kids some leeway.

So yea, I think it's odd that you have to blow a .000 to not get a DUI if you're underage.

6. CradleRobber

I think the 19- and 20-year-olds in Bozeman think you can drive as long as it's not above .20.

7. sportschick

Entirely possible :D

The feds had to threaten to take away highway funds before Montana raised the legal drinking age, lowered the BAC to .08 and banned drinking while driving.

8. CradleRobber

But Buckdub, I don't think a lot of people know how to drive sober in Montana.

9. sportschick

They don't. It's got the highest rate of drunk driving wrecks in the country, and you have to get 5 before it's a felony (or did when I first got there).

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

which is why buck moved away to begin with. four was pushing his luck. :D

11. CradleRobber

Everyone passed out hours ago. I guess I didn't drink enough today.

12. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

When I was back in college, at a typical suitcase college where most of the students went home on weekends, the floor RA had done the bulletin board off the elevator with a bunch of suggestions on what to do during the weekends. You know the type, typical crap like, "go see a movie" or "go bowling." As though we couldn't think of that on our own.... so one evening, I stepped off the elevator to find someone had stuck a similar picture on the board with the suggestion, "eat a log."

That bulletin board came down quickly.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.