1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jay_christley, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

We've covered enough NASCAR events to know our way around.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The in-car/bumper cams look really choppy. The COT has to be a lot tougher to drive, based on that evidence.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No debris caution needed this time.

4. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Hamlin got screwed. NASCAR didn't need to throw that caution. Nine times out of ten, that caution doesn't get thrown in a similar situation. NASCAR must love the fact they at least had a small justification to throw a yellow that late in the race.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Classy interview by Mr. Busch. He only said "sucks" twice - cripes.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You can take the kid out of the trailer park ...

7. boots

boots New Member

Most NASCAR events are like trailer parks.

8. skippy05

skippy05 Member

I'd hate to disagree with you, but I've been to too many races. Thing is, I'd rather go to a NASCAR race than anything else, because at least the fans know the drill. The Indy 500 is a nightmare because it's an event more than it is a race and it's filled with people who have either never been to a race, only go to this one, or have never been to any race and have no idea what they're doing or where they're going. Kind of like dealing with the lower ring at a St. Louis Rams' game...

9. May have been the placement?

It looked to me like the rear bumper cams were closer to the other cars and may have been on the wings of the car?

10. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Actually, he's from a fairly well-to-do family in Vegas. Plus, he's 20. He's supposed to say stupid things...them's the rules...

11. boots

boots New Member

Support your local redneck and he'll support you!

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Mark Martin said on MRN (or was it PRN?) today that in his mind, the most significant difference between COT and the other cars is the suspension was drastically cut back on the COT. That might play into choppy cams?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.