1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Runnin' Elite Eight thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kingcreole, Mar 24, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Get the flippin' net fixed already.

2. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

He also just added he "likes spurtability."
    Nice.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Wow, Malik Hairston actually is having a good tournament. Nice to see him finally living up to the hype a little.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, didn't realize I should root for Florida until just now when I checked the brackets I'm still alive in. GO FLORIDA! If they win, I'm probably taking home some cash this year. FINALLY!

5. best thing about this Oregon and UF game ending??

No more James Brown doing pbp. What a terrible decision by CBS Sports.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on Oregon. If Oregon wins I will most likely bring home $250.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was about to say Oregon is in trouble and then they get the big steal. I think the Ducks are proving they are better than people think.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good to see the refs are continuing to hose the lower seeds. That was a bullshit call against Oregon and I fear they are done.

9. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Looks like a rematch of last year's title game.
    As a UCLA fan, I'm glad. The Bruins have nothing to lose going into next week's game vs. the Gators. And, while this year's Florida team is nearly identical to last year, this year's Bruins is vastly superior. As talented as Farmar was, Collison is a better defender, a better 3-point shooter and a better penetrator. Also, Josh Shipp didn't play in last year's game and is a versatile wing player that can match up with Brewer. Sure, Horford and Noah are beasts underneath, but NO team in the tournament plays defense like the Bruins. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ben Howland has been working on a game plan for a rematch with the Gators since April of last year.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sadly, I've gone 3 for 3 on Final Four picks, with Georgetown TBD. Great for my big-money pool, not so great for what I actually wanted to see happen.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is some start to the Gtown-UNC game...on pace for 100 pts apiece. Don't like Gtown's chances if the pace keeps up.

12. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

That foul on Hibbert was a fucking crime. An absolute fucking crime. Typical, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted