1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wowsers ... DII title game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Comeback of the year in college basketball. Winona State just gave Barton too many chances to mount a comeback -- it seemed as if it was 72-67 forever -- and Barton was eventually down seven with a minute or so left before the stunning comeback happened.

I'm surprised, though, Barton applied that much pressure in the waning seconds. It could have easily led to a foul call.

2. Barton set an NCAA (all divisions) record of nine OT games this season. They were 9-0.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Same kid made game-winning shots in last three or four games.

That's what you call onions.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Oz, the D-2 game was today. I know you guys are taligating outside Allen Fieldhouse before tonight's game, but lay off of the cranberry vodka. Today is Saturday buddy boy!!! :)

5. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

That game was nuts. Credit Barton for sticking around. The thing was, Winona State just gave that game away down the stretch.
    Winona State made a comeback just like that the other night -- down 4 with 40 seconds left -- and pulled it out to beat Central Missouri 90-85 in overtime.

6. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

And by all accounts, the Coyotes should have won that game.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

(poor quality) video, if you missed it: http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-basketball/lets-just-quit-246875.php

8. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

That dude was money - he scored Barton's last 10 points.

And I hope that clip wasn't edited. What made watching that so enjoyable was that there were no timeouts called. I didn't watch the game, but I seriously hope there were no timeouts called during that sequence.

9. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Youtube videos of Barton-Winona ending:

10. It is now Sunday.
    That is still the best game of the year.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's correct. There were no timeouts called.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

One of the best parts of the aftermath was that shot from the Winona sideline when one disgusted player threw a towel into the air and it landed perfectly on the head of one of his teammates who was equally disgusted as he reacted.

Draft saved Draft deleted