1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- Strasburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Mar 20, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Isn't Rennie Davis of the Chicago 7 from Strasburg? Or is he from Berryville?

2. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

b-dubs and hams arent bars, they're chain restaurants. i go there when i want a nice polite sandwich and maybe a beer. a light beer with a water on the side.
    what was the original point of this thread? oh right...finding a new sports editor at the daily. any ideas? saunders?

3. My threadjack aside, this is a great job. NV Daily has a stable of good high schools at the state level, along with JMU and Shenandoah University. They do good enterprise work and you'll get more space than is typical with a paper of that size.

4. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

i hear the daily's jmu writer is a flat-out stud in more ways than one. kenny brooks is a big fan of his, and kenny brooks is the salt of the earth.

5. Kenny Brooks is the most dapper man in women's college hoops, but there's no way the NV's writer is in better with Brooks than the DNR's old JMU writer. That kid flat out owned that beat.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Kenny Brooks could have my baby, if that's what you're asking.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Kenny Brooks' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

8. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

he may have gotten the job done back when he was an h-burg guy (where'd he go, delaware or somethin? anyone know?) but i hear the nvd guy delivers top-notch kenny coverage while also handling men's jv basketball and jmu football.
    superman owns a pair of kenny brooks-themed pajamas.

9. [​IMG]

See that DNR guy over there. They call him the ice cream man, cause he fucking gets scoops.

10. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

i got nothin for that. if it came from kenny brooks' mouth, it's as good as gold.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO.

12. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

No love for Rob Harris?

[​IMG]

Come on. It gets no classier.

Draft saved Draft deleted