1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- Strasburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Mar 20, 2007.

1. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

never had the queso...i go for the spicy one, the chicken mole or whatever. but if i'm eating in harrisonburg usually i'm going to finny's cove. hushpuppies are outstanding.

2. ArmanTamzarian

ArmanTamzarian New Member

That's an understatement. Those guys have Kevin Durant upside relative to sports journalism. And they are easy on the eyes, too.

3. Finny's is the biggest fucking dive in Hburg. Go to Ham's and have the bacon cheese fries. I'm Jewish, but even I had to marvel in their awesomeness.

4. JME

JME Member

Congrats Mike. Clearly, to be making such a steady climb up the ladder you must have learned by observing the work of an effing stud during your formative, college paper years. ;D

What's the new job?

5. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

Thanks, Mr. JME. ;D

It's a sports copy editor/designer job. Anyone that knows the Pilot knows it's not for the weak-at-heart designer, so I have quite the challenge in front of me. Can't wait to tackle it, though.

And yes, I learned a lot from Mike DeArmond, Bill Coats et al. But some people are just too talented for mid-Missouri... ;)

6. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

can i get a tuna steak sandwich at ham's? i sincerely doubt it. the staff at the daily reminds me of the 2005 UConn huskies in terms of talent. all our laptops are borrowed, though.

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

The 05-06 UConn team? The same team that was embarrassed in the NCAA regional finals?

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

That salad sounds great.

Makes me wish I'd had it when I stayed there. But the "Chicken In A Basket" in Front Royal filled the bill, too.

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Only thing good in Front Rahl is the Melting Pot.

10. JME

JME Member

;D

Good luck Mike. Remember, I'm counting on you to hook me up with a prime job at some point in life.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Wow. That sounds like a great idea. Mizzou grads helping out other Mizzou grads.
    Shit, we could call it the Mizzou... Mafia. Man, I'm a fucking genius.

12. Wow, didn't know there were so many Shenandoah Valley vets on this board. Woodstock's not too bad - equidistant to H'burg and Winchester and the Spring House has good food.

I agree the paper does well with young talent ... it's independent and newsy... and the design is a whole lot better now that they removed the gray paper mache mountains from what is now the skybox ... God that was ugly ...

You just have to get used to the pipe smell wafting from the editor's office all day long, from what I hear ...

Draft saved Draft deleted