1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U of Washington beat writer; The Everett Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Mar 7, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Not much of it. But I loved my couple drives up I-5 from Seattle to the border.

Personally, I'd live here in a cardboard box over a mansion in 80 percent of flyover country.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

take a look south of seattle if you liked what you saw on the northern end. and victoria, well shit, freakin' awesome.

3. m2spts

m2spts Member

It is pretty awesome, some regions of northern washington state.
    If where we are right now wasn't so desolate and depressed, it would be one of the most beautiful places to live in the U.S. Redwoods, the ocean, the mountains.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'm curious about the timeline for this gig. Is the Herald looking to have someone in place for spring football or are the folks in Everett going to move a bit slower on this one?

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing. If it hasn't started yet, spring football has to be right around the corner for Tyrone and the boys.

6. baskethead

baskethead Member

Seeing as the UW closes all of its practices and Willingham provides as little information as is humanly possible, I'm not sure how quickly they want to move on the job. The last time the position was open, it took about two months to fill it, and that was in the middle of basketball season.
    And I do agree with the others that - outside of the traffic, gas and housing prices - this is as good a place to live as there is (if you can ignore the freak snow that fell as late as two weeks ago, and a bit this morning).

7. Al_Czervik

Al_Czervik Member

Where south of Seattle? Renton? Sea-Tac? Tukwila? White Center? Burien? Des Moines? Federal Way? Fife? Tacoma? Lakewood? Clover Park?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the entire penninsula, coast, and everything south to about woodland.

9. Batman/Joker

Batman/Joker New Member

Update: Interviews for this one may take place next week.

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Any news on this one? Are interviews taking place this week?

11. Max Mercy

Max Mercy Member

Whatever happened here?

(Besides me being ignored...)

12. They hired John Boyle of The Seattle Times.

Draft saved Draft deleted