1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College hoops coaching firing/hiring thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If shady stuff is going on, can't you just clean it up?
    Beilein managed.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Like I said.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Tubby's a goner.

Gottfried's a goner.

Brady's a goner.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

South Florida's Robert McCullum joins the list -- this is arguably the worst place to coach in major D-I basketball. Not sure I see anyone jumping up and down to take that job.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There could be some carnage in the SEC, but Brady, just one year after a Final Four? No way, especially not with the other basketball problems in Baton Rouge right now.
    And Seth Greenberg made something out of the USF job.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Rumblings getting a little louder that Tommy Amaker could be in trouble at Michigan. With a senior-loaded roster, a creampuff-packed schedule, and the Big Ten as weak as it's been in years, this was supposed to be the year he made the NCAAs. Attendance at Crisler Arena has crashed. AD Bill Martin's vows of undying support have sounded suspiciously tepid the last week or so.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Uh, as much as UK fans want it, Tubby isn't getting fired for the 1 trillionth time. And Brady, not very likely.

8. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Late, I know, but Quinnipiac's Joe DeSantis was fired, even though AP reported him as "resigning".

Also, Harvard's Frank Sullivan, the all-time winningest coach in team history, out after 16 years.

I think he deserved better than that, current record 12-16, 5-9 notwithstanding...

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

For a split second, I thought "Dan Dakich? Wow, quick career from Gonzaga point guard to NBA journey (and journey, and journey, and journey seven times) man, to Bowling Green coach.

Yes, Dan Dickau, I know. Dakich was the main dude SI and espn pulled out to say good things about Knight when he was in big trouble at Indiana. And like most KNight proteges not named Coach K, he has done absolutely nothing to distinguish himself.

10. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Paging Ray Giacoletti in Salt Lake City.... please pick up the white courtesy phone....

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She should just rap his knuckles with a ruler.

12. busuncle

busuncle Member

"facilitate interaction with???"

Does she mean "arrange an interview?"

Draft saved Draft deleted