1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pokey Chatman Resigns....Dead Pelican reports...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PTSportsWriter, Mar 8, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

OK, we're speculating on speculation, but....
    Assuming the rumors are true for Pokey's firing and she didn't get dumped because she talked to Florida. She's had a hell of a lot of success at LSU and it's not like she did anything illegal. Do you see another university or a WNBA team hiring her?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

WNBA team, sure.

University? Maybe to coach the men.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Somehow, I had a feeling that LSU might pull a Bo Schembechler and fire Chatman before the NCAAs for the same reason: "I want a LSU man/gal to coach LSU."

If she were resigning for personal reasons or something other than to "pursue opportunities," I'd let her stay on as coach. But not that. Especially if there's a credible question about an "inappropriate relationship" with a player.

Obviously, things are different when you're dealing with a weekly newspaper and you have entry level reporters who are paid less than shit, but in her case, I'd probably have fired her after she "resigned."

4. busuncle

busuncle Member

It's an 80 percent pay cut if she wants to coach in the WNBA. Don't think it's that.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

After this shit hits the fan, that may be all the job she can get.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lesbianism!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2791950

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dick Enberg says: Oh My!

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Steve Fisher says he's interested in the gig.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Gotta be honest, BYH. Saw your name as the last post on the thread and was eagerly awaiting a horrible, more politically incorrect comment than that.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

You know, I've always thought Pokey looked a little like Wanda Sykes. And this whole ordeal really reminds me of a certain quote or two of Wanda's from the "Krazy-Eyed Killah" episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

2 pages in........

TTIUWOP

I am shocked.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Aw dammit! Chef beat me by 5 minutes. You guys really are losing your touch. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted