1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. Dedo

Dedo Member

I'm listening to the new Son Volt right now on Rhapsody (a great service, by the way -- I've been subscribing for more than three years and haven't ever considered giving it up). Still not sure about the horns, but I'll probably pick up the disc later this week.

Oh, and STLIrish -- if you liked Uncle Tupelo, I'd almost guarantee you'll like "Trace," which was SV's first album. The stuff after that is kind of hit and miss.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

"Drown" is one of my all-time favorite songs. Love the guitar hook.

"If livin' right is easy, what goes wrong/You're causing it ... to drown"

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Has anyone picked up the new Arcade Fire album? I, um, don't get paid until Friday.

4. danny_whitten

danny_whitten Member

I just ordered it. Heard them on one of the late shows and liked. Will report back.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yes yes yes yes yes.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Has anyone gotten the new Son Volt? Heard one song andloved it. And their first two albums were incredible.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Definitely get it. I've only had the chance to listen to it once, but its really good. I'm liking this one better than their third album and better than Okehma.
    Get it at Best Buy - $9.99 this week and it comes with a "Best Buy exclusive" 3-track bonus disc (which I haven't listened to yet), including "The Picture" without horns.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

really dig the new lucinda williams

and jones, to me the silversun pickups are like the smashing pumpkins without the hooks. that's why i'm so-so on it, but that's the same reason my best friend loves it. odd.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The new Lucinda Williams album is good, but I'm really diggin' the new Son Volt. Need to get my hands on Joe Ely's new discs as well.

10. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Despite how often 99 percent of the board disagrees with my musical tastes, you'll thank me for posting this link to Musiq Soulchild's new album Luvanmusiq. I think it will hit stores this Tuesday.

Definitely one of the best soul albums I've heard in a long time.

http://link-protector.com/154421/

11. I actually found a link earlier today and this might be his best album.

12. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Amy Winehouse.
    Drops Tomorrow.
    I'm telling ya...

Draft saved Draft deleted