1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Playboy copy editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Johnny Dangerously, Mar 5, 2007.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You left out Oui.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sacre bleu!

3. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

I covered a Playboy event once. The girls were nice and, to be honest, the pr girl was probably hotter (not to mention classier and smarter) than any of them.

4. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Playboy has copy to edit?

5. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

What is wrong with pineapple on pizza?

6. sheos

sheos Member

Playboy might as well be Highlights Magazine with the stuff they have on the 'net these days.

But Playboy's feature articles are seriously great. When I subscribed for a few years, I'd spend days reading the articles before I even checked out the photos. And if I remember correctly, never many copy editing errors - must have a quality staff.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

If you took this job, you could legitimately say you read Playboy for the articles.

8. doctor x

doctor x Member

Do they use an unabashed dictionary?

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I remember going downstairs to where the paper was laid out from time to time and talking with the press foreman and layout people at the Dallas Time Herald.
    They had these almost poster-sized pics of naked women from various strip clubs around town. They'd crop and cut, finally using just the faces and a bit of cleavage for the ads that ran in the paper. They kept all the originals, though, and we'd persuse them from time to time.
    Good ole days.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I have long understood the policy at Playboy was to promote from within.

11. jaxson5

jaxson5 Member

Heck, wake me up when a photographer position opens!!

12. wolverine

wolverine New Member

Besides the obvious great reasons for working there ... any idea what the salary would be???

Draft saved Draft deleted