1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist Simpsons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 4, 2007.

1. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Burns: Nonsense Smithers, dogs are idiots. Why if I came into your house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over your face, what would you say?

Smithers (smiling): If you did it, sir?

Burns: Smithers, there's a rocket in my pocket.
    Smithers: You don't have to tell me sir.

2. I thought Patty came out? Selma's the one who's been married about five times and just adopted a baby from China.

I will now hang my head in shame for knowing this.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Selma Bouvier Terwilliger Hutz McClure...according to one line she uttered.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Smithers' reaction to Lisa seeing the screen saver is the funniest thing ever: "You should probably ignore that."

Don't forget he was producing a Malibu Stacy newsletter on the computer, or his Malibu Stacy play at a theatre in Arizona (angry old man at the play: "This is better than Cats...WHY??"), or his vacation in Hawaii.

Burns: "Take lots of pictures!"

Smithers: "I can't sir. Cameras aren't allowed here. Gotta go there's a line forming behind me!"

And of course from the Bobo episode:

Burns: "I never get what I want for my birthday."
    Smithers: "We never do." (imagines a mostly naked Burns flying into his room singing "Happy Birthday Mr. Smithers")

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'd say the Flaming Mo episode slightly tweaked gays. In fact, who haven't the Simpsons tweaked?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

;D :D

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hair?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Would you say they were the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked?
    Gotta go, my wiener editor is looking in.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I can't stand shows like Simpsons and South Park and other cartoony series.
    Shows the dumbing down of prime-time TV entertainment and it's audience.
    Hate shows like that, and wouldn't be surprised if there were occasional racist shots taken.
    Producers and beancounters are playing off a lazy, docile, unmotivated, slacking group of dedicated watchers.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I can't speak for South Park, or even the last bunch of seasons of the Simpsons, but in its prime (which was very long), The Simpsons was as smart as any other show on TV.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just assuming a show is dumb because it is cartoony is
    Have you ever even watched one of those shows? There has been plenty in The Simpsons to challenge viewers and make them think over the years. Perhaps you just can't get past it being a cartoon.

As for South Park....I hate South Park, so I'm not even going to try to defend it.

Draft saved Draft deleted