1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want to defend Ann Coulter?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by butchie, Mar 3, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Be that as it may, do we really need a daily "Anyone want to defend (asshole)?" everytime one of them says something outlandish?

Because here's the deal: The answer is "No." This time, the last time, the time before that, the next time and the time after that. No. No. No. No. No. No.

That should cover the next few, at least. And I'm assuming (though I suppose I could be wrong) that nobody wants to defend Maher for expressing his disappointment that the Vice President wasn't killed in a suicide bombing.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well said.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I wish I could remember who posted it on an earlier Ann Coulter thread, but it went something like this:

I would love for Ann Coulter to appear on Jon Stewart's show, spout her nonsensical blathering and have Jon Stewart shake his head and say to her, "You know you're full of shit, right?"

If this poster is out there, please claim your brilliance! ;D

4. butchie

butchie New Member

So now the question is, Who's the bigger <i>Dick</i>, Bill Maher or Ann Coulter?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Don't you mean who HAS the bigger dick?

6. butchie

butchie New Member

That's why <i> Dick</i> was in italics. Considering the adam's apples involved one might have asked, who is the bigger Dickhead?

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Scary... isn't it?

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Ann has reached the point where Joe McCarthy was after his smackdown from Joseph Welch at the Army hearings. Ann and her political hero had jumped the shark and were now a pair of drunken (and in Ann's case, anorexic bums).
    Who goes first, Ann or Britney?

9. Late to the party but I would point out that she was the keynote speaker and major attraction at the most important annual gathering of "conservatives." She was introduced by Mitt Romney, who wants to be president. She is exactly in the middle of the mainstream of what American conservatism has become. If you don't want her to be, then conservatives have to be the ones to stop inviting her to speak, to make politicians pay a price for associating with her, and to marginalize her eliminationist rhetoric. Hey, it's not MY movement that she's poisoned.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

If you watch the video, you'll notice the conservative crowd laughing at her "joke," then applauding her as she finishes her speech. Niiiiiice.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thank you, Fenian.

If they don't want to be associated with her, they need to say so.

Otherwise, she's theirs.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

"I'm happy that after you hear me you're going to hear from Ann Coulter," Romney said. "It's important to hear from the moderates.''

Draft saved Draft deleted