1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rushin out at SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by leon_hollhandle, Feb 16, 2007.

1. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

2. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

screw it, you seem like you're a go-getter ... you would phase me out in no time

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I've been away for a week or so, just caught onto this. Really sad to hear this. Rushin beats Reilly every week in my book. Somebody nailed it when they wrote that he would turn five phrases in a single column that you'd die to pull off yourself. He's my favorite writer to read, anywhere, but then again, Ogden Nash is my favorite poet, so I understand if people disagree here.

Let me know where he lands, and sign me up for a subscription, er, bookmark, er, RSS, er ...

4. He fell asleep on the couch watching Leno.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But he got up to take a leak, and is now reading the funnies.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nice work, Ellis.

Hey scrub, what's with the Dan Shaughnessy avatar?

7. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

anyone read Rushin's farewell column in SI this week ... sounds like he isn't getting another full-time gig, maybe just a spot appearance here and there ... just a guess

"I'm hanging up the black mock turtleneck. Then again Minnesotans never really go away. Like our state vehicle, the Zamboni, we resurface periodically."

8. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

My Wednesdays just got a little less interesting.

9. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Read that last column and laughed when I read AGAIN, "which is to say." he can't help himself.

10. He's reading SportsJournalists.com, wondering why Whitlock has a dozen threads and he only has one ...

11. mattklar

mattklar New Member

anyone know who will take over Air & Space??

My vote is for Chris Ballard.

12. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

there's enough air and space in the fleeced SI. Magazine has gone to pot in the last few years. As many have mentioned at sj, mag is riddled with errors and reporting on week-to-week coverage is shoddy at best.

Draft saved Draft deleted