1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the NBA stink?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by clutchcargo, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

even the lowly mariners drew 2.5 million ... the sonics you ask? the sonics will draw ALMOST 650k this year.

EDIT: just reread, sonics total was taken on a 50 game estimate.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

2.5 million in atlanta genius. 2,550,524 to be exact.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

only 2,134,607 in cincy, 2,153,139 in baltimore, 1,997,995 in cleveland. should i go on ... do you revel in looking stupid?

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

yes, that would be 63 percent of capacity. so i ask again, should the parks be smaller? turner fits 51,000. 31,000 go.

seattle's key arena fits 17,900. and it's filled to 93 percent capacity in its 41 home games. if no one cared, i figure it would be at aout 63 percent capacity.

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

the nba. smaller arenas. fewer games. most venues filled to capacity.

should mlb parks have smaller capacities/and or less games so they don't feel so empty? just a question.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey dumbass, should we start comparing attendance averages by game? your logic is juvenile.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

uhhm, see last post, genius.

8. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

nba: smaller arenas filled to capacity.
    the sport sucks. why is the damn arena full?!?!??! people should not be going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why is my baseball stadium empty!??!!??!
    what can we do to fill baseball stadiums?
    do we need some public service anouncements?

please! baseball seats are lonely seats!

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

philadelphia 2,701,815 fans turned out in 06, or 33,356 a game. when's the last time the sixers had 33k turn out for a game?

should we continue? this is a fun game.

10. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

is the reds' park new? it fits 42,059.

why does it average just 26K in attendance?

do they cover the empty seats with a tarp like in oakland?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, you are saying basketball marketing folks are ALL a bunch of fucking idiots and don't understand their potential because they make their areanas too small? dude, i guess you missed your calling, because i'm sure 33k folks would turn out 81, oh shit, strike that, 41 nights a year to sixer games.

call the sixers dude. i'm sure they won't laugh in your face, much like everyone else is at this point.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oakland, 24k a game. want me to get the warriors' attendance per game genius?

Draft saved Draft deleted