1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins Again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Feb 16, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/comic_collage.html

If you are geeky enough, you might spend hours on that site.

2. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Superman Returns was great, but Batman Begins was the superior film. Jeez, I plunked down $8 for Red Eye based on Murphy's performance as Dr. Crane.

If you thought Punisher was bad, check out Ghost Rider. It's a C-movie at best. I liked it as a dumb action, but it was awful.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You know, I never did, man. I'm going to have to go and look for that. I like Jane, he's a cool dude.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Oh, boy, is that true. Van Damme as 'Guile.' And I like Van Damme, but that was just bunk.

I think that was Raul Julia's (Major Bison) last acting work. Let's all have a moment of silence for that injustice... :)

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was truly sad. Raul Julia was too good for that to be his last work. Beyond awful.

And that site grouping comic book characters by their religion was funny stuff. But what the heck do they mean by Jewish Catholics? Is that like Jews for Christ? You know what a Jew for Christ really is? A Christian! Either Jesus was the savior or not. Pick a side, damnit!

Ok..rant over...

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

<---- This is what the Joker will look like. Thankfully, they ditched the "funny" and went for "fearsome."

7. NotCalvinsKid

NotCalvinsKid Member

He was great in The Core.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nicholson's Joker was great.
    That first 'Batman' was a good, different movie when it came out.
    The rest of the series was dopey, but the first one was good.
    I never followed the Frank Miller comics. Never read 'The Killing Joke.' Do they have to be the definitive Batman now?
    Batman has been around in many incarnations, even before the above mentioned publications.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Robin Williams was the first choice for The Joker. And he still might be a good fit.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

They wanted the actor playing the Joker to be close in age to Christian Bale (33). Ledger will be 28 in April.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nothing about Heath Ledger screams that he has the capacity to play a nutcase. Nothing he's done to this point. Yeah, let's choose parsley to be our signature villain. That'll go over well with the fans.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

People didn't like the choice of Keaton for Batman, and that turned out pretty good.

Draft saved Draft deleted