1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins Again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Feb 16, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Coming out summer 2008. We already know Heath Ledger is the Joker. Now, it's been firmed up that Aaron Eckhart will play D.A. Harvey Dent (meaning he'll probably be Two-Face in the third movie) and SportsJournalists.com favorite Maggie Gyllenhaal will be Batman's love interest.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31602

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'm pumped, except for Maggie Gyllenhal. She doesn't do it for me, but I love Ledger and Eckhart as choices. Nice! Thanks for the post, Tyler.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain, but I've never been convinced Heath Ledger is a good actor. Even if he is (I'll give every critic the benefit of the doubt on Brokeback), I'm not sure I see him pulling off the Joker. I don't think he's got the look and I don't know if he can pull off 'criminally insane.' Plus, he's got major shoes to fill.

Still, I'm already looking forward to this flick.

4. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Eckhart is the shit.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I never thought Ledger was a good actor until "Brokeback". I would have liked Adrien Brody or Paul Bettany for the Joker, but Christopher Nolan deserves the benefit of the doubt. What they ought to do is just adapt "The Killing Joke" for the screen. I want to see a shithouse crazy Joker cutting up people with a straight razor....none of that Jack Nicholson overacting b.s.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Now that would be awesome!

Also, love the idea of Brody as the joker. That would be outstanding.

Crimson - I agree. Eckhart kicks ass.

7. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

"Thank You for Smoking" made up for "Black Dahlia" in my eyes.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'd be happier if they would leave a love interest out entirely. It's Batman, damnit, not Starfox (insanely obscure comic reference there).

I can definitely see Eckhart in that role, just as Bale sounded like a great idea as Batman from day one.

Ledger as the Joker? I'm waiting to be convinced. As long as the character is brutal, psychotic and scary rather than just over-the-top goofy, I'll be happy.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Batman-on-film.com has Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes, replacing Katie Holmes, not as a new character.

As has been said, I'm giving Nolan the benefit of the doubt on the casting. He didn't go wrong the first time, or in any of his other movies. I'm sure Ledger screentested. Christian Bale had to as Batman. They don't just give away these parts to name actors and hope they come up with the character.

10. Clever username

Oh and the movie is going to be called The Dark Knight, in case you care Tyler Durden.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm looking forward to it....Not as much as Spider-Man this year, but...

12. Clever username

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Draft saved Draft deleted