1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FCE, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why is there so much hyperbole in this world? I can come up with a variety of reasons why, at least in my mind, this wasn't close to the worst ever. Was it football the way Lombardi, Landry, or Knoll would like it? No. But the game didn't suck. The start of Freeman's story was even more mean-spirited and ridiculous. I get the feeling he was trying to make more waves and grab attention than he was giving an honest evaluation.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

FH, it's the era we are in. Something is either the greatest ever or the worst ever. There is no in-between anymore.

3. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Okay, maybe I'm ignorant of alleged national sports media/guru/prophets (sorta like Scoop Jackson), but who is Whitlock, why does what he write matters and why does he get so much shit around here?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The previous Colts' win, in Super Bowl V, was truly: The. Worst. Super. Bowl. Ever.

And I will not argue this.

::) ::)

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I won't debate you on that, because you're right.

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

The surprising thing to me about this thread is that Whitlock didn't start it.

He must have lost his internet connection.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm not old enough to remember it, but 11 turnovers between two teams and a defender from the losing team winning the MVP sounds awful. One of my more experienced superiors said it was the worst he'd ever seen, and I trust his judgement.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have this picture of Whitlock pushing a wheelbarrow of tacos from the Taco Hut. You get 100 for 100 bucks, y'know.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I actually used him for my back-page column, inasmuch as he was one of the few who wasn't addressing Peyton or the black coaches (both of which we touched in sidebars).

It was not bad.

10. FCE

FCE Member

we used his column, too.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Sometimes, it's like the motherfucker is 14 years old.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Other times ("Bledsoe is Gay") it's more like 12.

Draft saved Draft deleted