1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Producer (P/T), Richmond, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JBondurant804, Apr 21, 2014.

1. JBondurant804

JBondurant804 Member

A position has come open on the prep desk at the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Official posting is linked below. Feel free to message me if you have questions.

The guy leaving has taken a position on the digital side of the newsroom. He'll officially be over there full-time once the spring sports season has concluded in the beginning of June. So the person hired will probably start around that time.

https://bhmedia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=2781&company_id=16186&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=993635&level=levelid1&levelid1=2750&parent=News&startflag=2

2. DMcFadin

DMcFadin New Member

It's been awhile, but the posting for the position is still live on the Berkshire Hathaway website. Has it been filled?

3. JBondurant804

JBondurant804 Member

I know some interviews have been done. I don't know if the position has been officially filled. A second opening came about soon after this initial one. The two guys that were there before me are moving on.

Our sports editor left for a job as ASE in Knoxville about a week or so ago. If he didn't hire the two people before he left, I don't know how long it will be before they are filled given we have two guys sharing interim sports editor duties.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Are both positions P/T?

5. JBondurant804

JBondurant804 Member

Yeah, they're both part-time. 29 hours a week. The newsroom union just got a new deal done with the paper, and they reclassified our positions. So you'd make from $11-13 an hour. Of course health insurance is not available, but you will be able to contribute to a 401(k). So there's that.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OK. Just curious more than anything, but thanks for the update! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted