1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NBA Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Apr 19, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This Blazers-Rockets game is insanely entertaining.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Pelicans TV.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Saw this on Twitter:

"Blazers" get the W on 4/20... NBA IS RIGGED

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Aldridge was smoking' and scored 46 points -- Blazers playoff record.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Theories on the downfall of the Pacers:

-- Granger trade.

-- Bynum signing.

-- Allegation Paul George got a stripper pregnant and tried to pay her $1 million to have an abortion.

-- Paul George getting catfished into sending a dick pic to a guy.

-- C.J. Watson's injury. (Though he's back.)

-- That GQ pick with the starting lineup looking like a New Jack Swing band (which led to a great Twitter exchange the other night adapting New Jack bands to the Pacers, such as No Edition, Phony! Phoni! Phone! and, obviously, Another Bad Creation).

-- A general inability to handle being the favorite. (After all, none of these guys came into the NBA with the expectation of being a superstar, in particular Paul George.)

-- Brian Shaw no longer around as an assistant.

-- Orlando Johnson being released. (No shit -- George bemoaned not having him around anymore. Can you imagine any superstar feeling pain that the 12th guy got cut?)

I have no doubt in my mind that if the Pacers don't make the conference finals -- and for sure if they can't even beat Atlanta -- that Vogel is gone. Part of it is that, indeed, you can't fire the players, especially when four of the starters are locked into multiyear deals. Also, part of that is watching bench players thrive elsewhere yet die when they come to Indiana, and Vogel's general inability to find the mental buttons to push to right the ship. Maybe no coach could handle this -- certainly, Slick Leonard (now a radio analyst) said he would be hard-pressed to figure out what to do. But it may be that Vogel isn't ready to be a championship-level coach. I'm not saying he should be fired, or that it's all his fault, but that's just how these things seem to go.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Knicks have fired Mike Woodson: http://nyti.ms/1hhnxSd

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

These totally have to be true. They are my very favorite. Only a teammate's mom being involved would make it better.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From a couple days ago -- it was an accident:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Really? The only Warrior fan courtside?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Blake is so smart he does things that are not the clearest but questionable. I thought initially it could not be on purpose but on review, looks at least perhaps intentional.

The flopping is also unclear; he pulls guys down with him then wonders what the big deal is.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I think the fact that he throws the cup at the guy shows he did it on purpose. And I'm assuming LTL was being facetious.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He's still only half a thug. [/multiplecrossthreads]

Draft saved Draft deleted