1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 NBA Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Apr 19, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Raptors-Nets off to an interesting start. At the half, DeRozan and Ross both scoreless yet the Raptors are within four.

Another observation: Has Chris Broussard always been this terrible at sideline interviews?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Warriors-Clippers coming to the wire as well, but who didn't expect that?

3. old_tony

Road teams are 2-0 so far and the Hawks lead the Pacers by 11 midway through the third quarter.

4. old_tony

These Pacers are in such disarray I think they're on their way to becoming the first No. 1 seed to ever be swept in the first round.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Lol Pacers.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Manute Bol laughs.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

These are the Atlanta Hawks you're talking about, so they'll figure out a way to blow this. But, yes, the Pacers do not look like a team that is destined for a long postseason.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Roy Hibbert had eight points and eight rebounds tonight. It's telling for the Pacers that it's considered a bounce back game (statistically speaking) for him.

I wonder if they're trying to get Frank Vogel fired, but for the life of me, I wouldn't know why.

9. old_tony

I just wonder if the chemistry got completely screwed up bringing in Turner and Bynum. I saw one story where it's intimated that the players consider Turner a selfish player and a really crappy teammate.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As good a theory as any as far as Turner is concerned, although I'd submit that maybe it's less Turner than it is resentment over the departure of Danny Granger, who was popular in the locker room.

Bynum? Maybe, I know he has a toxic rep, but he's barely played. Their chemistry must have been super fragile to begin with if all it took was those changes.

Still doesn't explain the massive downfall of Hibbert. I covered the Pacers-Thunder game a week ago and he looked like a shell of a player.

11. old_tony

Chemistry is more likely to get screwed up beginning inside the locker room than on the floor. The story I referenced noted that since joining the Pacers Turner had just one assist on a bucket by Hibbert.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good lord where did TNT uncover Joel Meyers for php?

Draft saved Draft deleted