1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats, Moddy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by silvercharm, Apr 17, 2014.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That's awesome, man.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Congrats, Moddy.

I hope Marc Lancaster gets to slide over to the sports editor's desk at the Washington Times.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Thumbs up!

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well deserved.

Super congrats.

As Joe Biden would say, this is a big f***ing deal.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Moddy.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Moddy is a good guy, that who deserves the good fortune coming his way.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

That's great. Kudos.

9. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Great job!

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Moddy won't do it here, but I will. He posted this on Facebook today, and if he gets upset for me putting it here, he can fire me. :)

On the move, and bear with my usual longwindedness: Thrilled to announce I will be joining SI.com as a senior editor next month. It is an incredible professional opportunity and I'm blown away by their faith in me. That said, it was not an easy call. I love it here, living in DC and working at The Times. Marc and I were brought in to revive sports and we did that in a big way. The numerous awards we've won show that. In many ways, it revived me. But this is too good to pass up - the chance to work with great people like Ryan Hunt and Andy Staples and Grant Wahl among so many others, the opportunity to reunite with FanHouse colleagues Chris Sesno and Tom Mantzouranis (they shudder at the thought), the challenge of having a key position at an industry leader. I'm shaking as I type, with joy and yes, a bit of sadness. I always thought I had one more move, one more challenge left in me. Never knew it would be this terrific. Onward!

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted