1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student records bullies, was to face charge

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Came across this story today, which is starting to catch national attention. Turns out the charge will be dropped, but I can only believe because the story has gotten out. School department will continue to face big-time scrutiny, as will the bozo judge.

When are school departments going to start taking bullying seriously, rather than just trying to cover their asses every time an incident pops up?

From the story:

"Christian Aaron True Stanfield, 15, used his iPad mini to record one incident of what he considered to be an ongoing string of bullying events on Feb. 11, in his math resource class.

When his mother, Shea Love, contacted school administrators about what she heard on the recording the next morning, instead of taking action against the alleged bullies, Ms. Love said, school officials called the police to report her son, who has special needs, for what they considered to be a wiretap violation. They also forced him to delete the recording."

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/west/2014/04/16/Charge-against-student-who-recorded-alleged-bullying-will-be-dropped/stories/201404160165

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I saw that. So much for the anti-bullying craze taking hold.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

What the fuck is a math resource class?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A math class for special needs kids, in which kids learn math at a slower pace.

As for the kid and the mom, I would have refused to delete the recording and make them take me to trial, where, under oath, the school officials would have to admit they allowed the bullying. Then sue the school for a few million.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Rules are rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted