1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle Seahawks/NFL Reporter- Tacoma, WA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/job_listing.cfm?jobid=1580630

Company: The (Tacoma) News Tribune
    Position:
    Seattle Seahawks / NFL reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    May 20, 2014
    Job ID: 1580630

Description:

The News Tribune in Tacoma, Wash., seeks an aggressive, experienced reporter to cover the Seattle Seahawks and the NFL for its online and print platforms. The ideal candidate blogs frequently, interacts on Twitter, runs down news, writes interesting and well-reported features, covers all games and blogs. Did we mention blogging?

Applicants must have three years reporting experience covering a major beat at a daily newspaper. General sports knowledge is a must, and expertise in covering football, especially the NFL and the draft, is preferable. Must be able to craft interesting daily stories and develop features and know the basics of shooting and posting video.

The job requires a dedicated reporter who is well-versed in social media. The Seahawks Insider blog is an active one with a loyal following which expects – no, demands – thorough, daily coverage. Other responsibilities include covering the NFL Draft and scouting combine.

This is a full-time, salaried position. Full medical/dental. Please provide seven examples of your best work over a range of stories (features, gamers, etc.) along with references, resume and cover letter.

Send your packet via e-mail by May 20 (subject line: Seahawks beat) to Darrin Beene, sports editor, at darrin.beene@thenewstribune.com.

No phone calls, please.

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Is this to finally replace Eric Williams?

3. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

I know Williams left but Todd Dybas jumped. Wasn't he originally hired to be covering UW football, but then they got Christian Caple to come from the other side of the state to cover the Huskies.

Regardless, this is one of those jobs where I can see myself be eliminated within five minutes of them reading my resume and they might not even look at my clips nor contact my references. But then again, what if they did? It's better to swing and miss than to watch the pitch go by and wonder what could have been.

Best luck to all who apply.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

The beat John Clayton got his start with.

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

And Mike Sando

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Has my seal of approval. Like most McClatchy properties it's gotten smaller over the years but it's still a good read. Good luck to all!

7. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

How much would this job pay?

Draft saved Draft deleted