1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Marathon -- One Year Later

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think you underestimate how profitable the conspiracy industry is, dude.
    If you start thinking of this in terms of 'entertainment' (as ghoulish as that can be), you can follow the progression better.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In this case, it's defamation of character. What they're implying is that Jeff Bauman committed fraud so he could get the One Fund money (plus the money he makes from his book deal) and he also bilked his health insurance company out of money to pay for an injury he had prior to the bombing.
    This is not an ethical exercise for someone's critical thinking skills or amateur detective work.
    A journalist never asks the kind of questions these people do because they're disrespectful of people like Jeff Bauman and the families that lost kids in the Sandy Hook shooting.
    You just don't go there. Ever.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I agree the contesting of Robby Parker's grief is one of the more deplorable things I've ever seen.
    You're not going to see anyone in mainstream science say it, but there are those who believe aliens spirited away MH370.

4. Smallpotatoes

Glad we agree on something.

5. Smallpotatoes

No, but a lot of people who knew him did. If he were faking, at least one of them would have come forward and said so.
    Please tell me you're kidding.

6. Smallpotatoes

You're kidding, right.
    If you aren't, what the fuck is wrong with you?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds more like you are more willing to believe stories from dubious stories when you happen to find them more interesting.

8. Smallpotatoes

How does it feel to be a piece of shit?

9. outofplace

When losing ,change the topic. Yeah, that is very much your style.

Also, I never said I was sure either side is telling the truth. I said those types of accusations should be taken seriously because if it is true, they are headed down a very bad road. I also admitted my bias on the topic. Please stop misrepresenting reality in a desperate attempt to justify your own foolishness.

10. outofplace

What are you even talking about now?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, you think that guy with his legs blown off was faking it!?!

12. outofplace

Apparently, there is a theory out there that he was planted there as part of some kind of plot or scam and he had already lost his legs before the bombing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.