1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Marathon -- One Year Later

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd totally forgotten that fertilizer plant explosion in Texas later that day. Forgot that the VaTech anniversary is this week as well.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The West fertilizer explosion was on the 17th.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Virginia Tech doesn't have a focus-group-approved slogan, so it has not been strong in anguish.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, I have wondered that, too. Don't they have some sort of suspected motive?

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yup...and I'm REALLY sick of runners saying their sport was "attacked" and they will "stand strong through this."

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of runners need a cause for motivation. For example Koman Race for
    The Cure with thousands clad in pink running for a cause.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Glad to see you've wised up.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

One of the weasels was known to authorities to be dead at the time of the shutdown to boot.

9. Smallpotatoes

All I'm saying is God help anyone here who tries to make the case that this was a false flag and especially anyone who claims Jeff Bauman was faking.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Oh god I hope that's not what anybody was alluding to

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I never intimated that, fool.
    Holy mackerel, some of you dudes just see what you want to see, at all times.
    And I am disappointed with the manhunt. I wanted that guy destroyed on sight!
    Not given three squares a day while he tousles his hair and smiles for the nurses.

12. Smallpotatoes

Thank you for being a decent human being.
    I'm not talking about anyone on here, but could anybody think that Jeff Bauman is an actor and didn't really lose his legs in the bombing?
    Granted, I haven't spent any time going over photos and videos looking for telltale signs of fakery while some of these people have obviously spent countless hours doing just that, but regardless of what they've found, how can anyone say a guy who lost his legs is faking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.