1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Chipotle Changed American Fast Food Forever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Morris816

Morris816 Member

There it is.

That's what we always did when I was growing up... ride down to 7-11 and buy Slurpees and other goodies.

The reason why 7-11 really isn't that special any longer is because gas stations and convenience stores eventually became the same thing.

2. Morris816

Morris816 Member

I'd be down with that, considering I haven't been to Wendy's in a long time.

With that said, Carl's Jr. and Whataburger are better burger joints.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Sheetz > Wawa

Breakfast whenever you want it tips the scales.

4. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Wawa's cheesesteaks are that good? There are Wawa's popping up all over Orlando now and I hadn't gone in yet because I thought it was just another convenience store. But if they have really good cheesesteaks, I'll have to give them a try.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I haven't been in a Sheetz since college. Never saw one outside of Western PA.
    They were not better than Wawa then. Not even close.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

They're pretty good, but saying they're the closest you can get to authentic more than 100 miles from Philly is crazy. They probably make the 3rd or 4th best cheesesteak just in my shitty town.

Then again, the cheesesteaks I've had in Philly (but probably not from the right places DURRR!!!) were pretty disappointing and didn't exactly set a high bar.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm surrounded by WaWas and hardly ever go. I went a lot when I first moved to the area, but then realized their hoagies are pretty overrated and found other places near work and home to go.

Now Wegmans - Wegmans is the motherfucking truth. Best grocery store around.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The beauty of the Wawa hoagie is quality plus convenience.
    When I go to visit family and want a hoagie, I'm going to DiStefano's or Cacia's (Talutto's is closed, so sad, while Subway pops up all over the place).
    But DiStefano's and Cacia's aren't open at 2:30 a.m.

Wawa makes a very acceptable hoagie, and at 2:30 a.m. it's a great hoagie.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

McDonald's breakfast share is amazing.

Saw an article, can't find the link, that said one out of five people eat breakfast at McDonald's daily and the revenue they get just from breakfast is more than Taco Bell generates on all sales annually.

I could see them getting out of the dinner business at some point because people have so many choices but breakfast is almost so big, they can't fail.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

From your place to Fredvegas? We're feeling awfully optimistic, aren't we?

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I love 7-11. I cried when they left my metro area. I yearn to visit cities where they still purvey a wealth of incredible goodness. The rest of those places mentioned... huh? Never heard of 'em. WTF is a "Wawa"?

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't just head in that direction willy nilly. Gotta pick your spots. I've made it plenty of times in 25 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted