1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Chipotle Changed American Fast Food Forever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Mar 14, 2014.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Actually, Chipotle isn't hurting places like McD's or BK, it's hurting places like Friday's, Ruby Tuesdays and such, the concept of higher-quality food without sitdown prices. Plus places like Friday's and Tuesdays came in too late for the small plates fad.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'm betting Chipotle took market share from both niches.

Before Chipotle there wasn't that middle-of-the-road option and some customers would settle for fast food.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think that Chipotle is perceived as healthy.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It's probably a better option than anything you'll find in a McDonald's or the like.

5. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

The market likes Chipotle today: 659.77 - up 69.84 (11.84%)

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The winning answer in last week's Sheep was good for the market forecast.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Put me in the column as a fan of Which Wich, as well. Not sure we have one locally, but have been to several elsewhere. Their house-made(?) potato chips are fabulous.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks like McDonald's loss is Chipotle's gain:

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Man. McDonald's is really struggling. Better hurry in for one last Big Mac before they close shop!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Chipotle's annual revenue is what McDonalds does in a month and a half.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Those McFlurries won't last forever!

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Zaxby's recently opened in our city. Predictably, the people at the local university treated it like it was the second coming of the Beatles and swarmed en masse, giggling and screaming the whole way about how AWESOME Zaxby's is. It's fine. It's fast food chicken. But nothing more. But my city has an issue with going ga-ga any time a fast-food place opens. When we finally got a Cookout, you couldn't get into that place for a month after it opened. I mean, Cookout's good and all, but it ain't sit-in-line-for-30-minutes good. Nor is Zaxby's.

Draft saved Draft deleted