1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I personally can't stand Tony, and I think his paranoia is going to sink him. I don't think the Spence, Jeremiah, Tasha alliance trust him, and now he's lost Trish, Kass and Jeffra's trust as well. If they all see him as a big-time player, they may be wise enough to get him out soon. At least I hope so.

It would be cool to see the three-person alliance take control of the game, and it would serve Kass right for flipping when it didn't benefit her at all.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Tony makes it to the Final 5, I think he'll be the guy to beat, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's gone in the next week or two.

3. Mizzougrad96

It would be cool if Spencer won.

4. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

I didn't see that as Tony having pull at all. he got the 3 players out of the alliance to vote his way. Not hard to do. And then he got Woo because he lied to him.

I think Tony crushed himself. And he is incredibly annoying. Talks too much. I think he's actually playing too hard.

5. Mizzougrad96

Agree that he's playing too hard. The fact that he never shuts up is what is going to get him bounced.

6. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Of those aligned with him, L.J. was probably the only one smart enough to realize he had to get rid of Tony, though maybe Trish will catch on. I don't think she is as dumb as she has often appeared. If Spencer can make it to the end, he likely will be the most deserving of winning because of what he's had to overcome. Tony was going to be that guy and still could be, but he probably made a move he didn't yet need to make. It's funny how every year there are people who plead with the bottom person in an alliance to flip for their own good and they rarely do. Now, with nobody asking, the top person in an alliance, Tony, flipped over to become potentially the bottom person in another alliance.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Just saw last week's episode. Some thoughts:

1) Spencer is growing on me more every week. I could see him winning.
    2) Tony's back-stabbing is going to backfire on him soon.
    3) Tash has a nice rack, too.
    4) Bravo to Morgan for going braless to Tribal Council.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think they're all distrustful of Tony, and now he's in trouble.
    If they had held onto the six-person alliance, either Tony or LJ was going to the first one gone, but if I were Tony I'd have waited a little longer before turning on LJ.
    Now a lot of people are in play to switch sides.

Right now, who can win:
    Spencer
    Tash
    Tony - I find him annoying but he has controlled the game to a large extent, and the other players seem to respond to him, even if they're suspicious

Right now, who can't win:
    Jeremiah
    Jefra

Right now, who probably can't win:
    Trish - she's been at the heart of some interesting shifts but I don't think she'll present her case well enough if she's in the final
    Woo - likeable but not a leader, he'd have to go on a run of dominating challenges to bolster his case
    Kass - I have not liked her game and she has probably alienated too many people already; however, I'm assuming she could make a good case at the final tribal, not likely though.

9. Boofus

Boofus New Member

I'd be surprised to see Tony's original alliance stick together any further after voting out Jeremiah. I could see Jefra and Kass jumping ship to join Tash and Spencer. I'm ready for Tony to go, I hate he found the other idol.

10. Mizzougrad96

It's really hard to imagine Tony not going to the Final Four since he basically has to be voted out twice between now and then in order to go home.

I think the last time they did the idol like that was the season Yul won. He got the idol and never worried about a thing the rest of the way. I think they're usually only valid until the Final 4 or 5. It's very possible that there will only be one chance to get rid of Tony before they go to jury.

I'm not rooting for the guy, but you have to respect the players who will look for idols when they don't even have a clue.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If I'm Tony I want Kass and Trish next to me at the end - and I figure Trish and Kass would take that arrangement as well figuring it offers their best chance at winning, by laying everything on Tony. So the best shot at winning for the remaining four is to vote out Trish or Kass next week. Of the other four, I'd want to go against Jeffra next - I think all the others have won immunity at some point.

Tony should win this season as long as he doesn't reveal the idol's special power.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Why in the world would Tony mention he has an idol? Even to say it was fake? The damn thing was wrapped in the stuff they always wrap the idols in. I wouldn't have let on to anyone that I had anything. I'd act afraid I was going to get voted out and then spring it on everyone when I did.

Draft saved Draft deleted