1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2014 season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mark Prior

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Lower the Jolly Roger ...

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I guess there aren't too many African-American baseball fans in Kansas City.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You must be a huge hit at parties, Baron.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Do NFL teams spray champagne after winning a playoff game? Do NBA teams spray champagne after winning a first-round series?

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Black dude in upper left-hand corner.
    More than you'll find at Fenway Park.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Madison Bumgarner quadruple-fisting.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The difference could be Bochy vs. playoff noob Matt Williams. Bochy pushed all the right buttons in 2010 and 2012.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I never minded teams celebrating when they clinched a postseason berth, but doing it after a wild-card game or LDS is overdoing it. IMHO, in baseball champagne parties should be for postseason berths/division titles, league titles and (of course) World Series titles. Otherwise, just give high-fives and get ready for the next round.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Teams celebrate a walk off in game 68 as if they've won the World Series now

Get off my lawn.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

NFL team can be down 37 points with 3 minutes left to play, and that receiver who just caught a 4-yard pass in the end zone is still gonna do his touchdown dance and throw up that "We're No. 1!" finger.

Get off my lawn, too.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In the Monday night game, Gronkowski caught a touchdown pass that pulled the Bellichiks within 41-14. He spiked the ball and looked ready to do something else before he caught himself and realized his team had been getting its ass kicked up and down the field. He exited to the sideline.

Draft saved Draft deleted